Why join a society?
- They can provide a great social opportunity to make friends and meet new people
- Being a member of a society can be really useful in helping you find work/life balance, and in widening your knowledge
- Being involved with societies can increase your employability.
- By being a member, you will be able to demonstrate many skills to potential employers such as time management, and a committed interest in your field.
- By being a committee member, there are even more skills you could build such as leadership, teamwork, events planning, organisation and communication.
How to join a society
Joining one of the societies we have at the Students’ Union is a great way of meeting new people, gaining new skills and having fun. To join a student group you need to buy your free or paid membership, which run from 1st September - 31st August each year.
Where to get your membership
Online via each group's web page
At Students' Union Reception in Borough Road
At the Freshers’ Welcome Fairs