Hiya! I am Jannatul Ferdous(she/her), and I am your VP Welfare and Equality for the 2021/2022 academic year.
I have spent three years at London South Bank University - 2 years as an LLB Hons(LAW) student and representing you last year as a Sabbatical officer at the Students’ Union. This year I will work with a fantastic officer team –Max (Union President), Rabbi (VP Education) & Joel (VP Activities). We are all committed to making sure your time at university is memorable, comfortable, and the most impactful for your career.
Along with the 21/22 officer team, I want to make sure that every student at LSBU is proud of their Students’ Union.
How I got involved in the SU
I arrived at LSBU back in 2018 as a Law Student from Bangladesh. Joining the Law society was my first interaction with the SU. During the 2019 Refreshers Fair, I got to see how the SU worked more closely. In the same year, I started working with SU as one of the Student Trustee. From that moment, I feel like my actual journey with the Students’ Union began, and my university journey became better and better. During the last academic year, I became more aware of problems students' were facing - and areas of the university that could improve, which is how I made up my mind to run for Vice President Welfare and Equality again in the 20/21 academic year. Towards the end of my first term, I felt there was so much more I wanted to achieve for the students at LSBU, which is why I decided to re-run.
Thank you all for electing and putting your trust in me for the 21/22 academic year.
- Rebranded SU Advice Service
- Free sanitary products
- Mental health facilitator for LSBU students
- Work opportunities for the law students at the SU
- Interfaith Forum with LSBU Multifaith Chaplaincy
- First International Student Forum
- Decolonisation campaign
- Islamophobia awareness caampaign
For Halls of Residence
- Rent rebate
- Christmas wellbeing card
- Rent support fund
- First Accommodation Forum
Roles and Responsibilities
- Representing Students on issues relating to support, health, safety, wellbeing and inclusion to the University and on a National level.
- Delivery and coordination of campaigns on Liberation & Student Welfare with the union and other officers
- Providing support for our Liberation Part time officers, and creating networks for them to collect student voice and feed into the Unions work
- Collecting views and opinions on issues such as Accomodation and Housing, Mental Health support, EDI, Decolonisation etc and feeding that back to relevant stakeholders
- Work as part of the sabbatical officer team to uphold our values, processes and constitution
- Acting as a Trustee of the Union to ensure we are compliant and meeting our strategic objectives