Hi everyone, my name's Max (he/him), I’m an Accounting and Finance graduate having spent my three years as a student getting fully involved with University life here at LSBU. I began my LSBU journey back in September 2018. I'd moved to London from North Wales and was excited for the journey that lay ahead. I never expected that I could be President of our Students’ Union three years later. I’ve had a truly life changing experience here at LSBU and hope to spend my year as President helping to pass on the transformational experience that I’ve had, to as many of our students as possible.
I've been here for three years, and I feel that I've seen both the good and the bad side of LSBU. I've been fully involved with university life and understand first-hand the problems we all face as students. The last academic year has been really tough for so many of us and I want to work with university teams and departments to improve the parts of our experience that are lacking. So that as we emerge from this pandemic, we can create a far greater university than it ever was before.
How I got involved in the SU
I've held several roles throughout my time at university and have a great flavour of what is already underway and what could make things even better.
My experience at LSBU includes the following:
- Student Ambassador
- Residential Life Ambassador (McLaren House)
- Business Solution Centre, Student Advisor
- Accounting and Finance Course Rep
- President of the Men's Football Team
- University Student Governor
- Chair of Union Council
These roles have given me a far greater insight into student life at LSBU. I've worked with various teams across the campus. I know what we're doing right and what can be improved. I want to use my experience so far to push for a more inclusive and more diverse university, a university that gives us all a life-changing experience and a university that allows us to reach our full potential. I've had a life-changing experience during my three years here and want to show you that even though times are tough now, together, we can get through this and achieve more.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Representing the voice of all students to the University and Nationally
- Ensuring the union is being well run, to best meet the needs of all students
- Oversee communications to student from both the union and university
- Sit on university meetings and boards to ensure students best interests are represented
- Lead the sabbatical officer team to uphold our values, processes and constitution
- Chair the Board of trustees and ensure we are compliant and meeting our strategic objectives