My Name is Joel, I studied Visual Effects here at LSBU. My first involvement with the SU was in my first year when I put myself forward to take over running and hosting the weekly Quiz here on campus! This year I have been working with the opportunities team to make sure sports and societies are more inclusive than ever, working with the Events Coordinator to ensure that the online events calendar was ever changing and evolving to student demand. I was limited in my role by the online working during the pandemic, but I am so excited to do the things I had put on hold this past year to make YOUR student experience outside of the classroom an immersive and engaging experience.
- Made the process of setting up a new Team or Society easier
- Developed an adaptable, engaging & inclusive online events calendar
- Supported committee members through the pandemic by sitting down and listening to their needs & issues
- Lead the Union Freshers & Varsity Events
- Worked with the Schools & Union to increase the creation of Academic and Course Based Societies
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the Student Voice is heard in all things Extra Curricular and Employability.
- Looking after the best interests of students outside of the classroom including Sports, Societies and Events.
- Work as part of the sabbatical officer team to uphold our values, processes and constitution
- Acting as a Trustee of the Union to ensure we are compliant and meeting our strategic objectives