Want to know how you're doing so far? Or what you need to get in your remaining modules to achieve that 2:1 or 1st you're aiming for?
Did you know that the top four (20 credit) module results in your final year(Level 6) are worth 80% of your undergradutate degree; the remaining 20% is a weighted average of your remaining final year (Lv6) and second year (Level 5) modules - no neither did we!
Working out what classification of degree you're on track to get can be a bit of a nightmare, so we've put together this simplified LSBU degree classification calculator, that allows you to put your current module grades into it, alongside your predictions for your remaining modules, allowing the calculator to predict the classification of degree you're on course for.
Please note: if you're in the School of Engineering or School of Health & Social Care: you should click on this link and read specific guidance for you.
Remember: Hard work is never a waste of time!
Download a worked example (1Mb, PDF)
What percentages do I need?
The university normally classifies all bachelors degrees (with honours) based on the following bands:
Full rules on how the University classifies Awards can be found in the Academic Regulations and the Universities Assessment & Examination policy. Please ensure you're reading the most up to date version.
This degree classification calculator is for guidance only. There is no guarantee that the classification you will calculate by this method is the one which will be finally awarded. For full details on how your degree classification is calculates please read the Academic Regulations and the Universities Assessment & Examination policy. All marks and classifications must be confirmed by the Exam Board on behalf of university before they become final.
This tool is a Students' Union tool, it is not an official University tool and all degree classifications are determined by the official Exam Board results released by the university. For students on some programmes your results may be calculated differently, or there may be specific pass requirements for your programme / professional registration.
This tool is provided in good faith, but the Students' Union cannot guarantee the number you calculate will match that of the degree classification you're awarded - official advice should always be sought from the University.
School specific info
School of Engineering: The Engineering Council requires key projects to be included in the degree calculations and for some professional engineering institutions require all modules to be included in the degree calculation. Check with your course director for specific details.
School of Health & Social Care: need to pay particular care to the credit value of their modules, especially if they are 40 or 60 credits. Also, some modules are 'pass/fail' but do not contribute to your final grade - you just have to pass them!